Halloween Costume Ideas For History Buffs
If you're a history buff looking to dress up in a Revolutionary War costume this Halloween, here are some ideas and suggestions as to where, when, and how to make that happen...
- Attend or host/organize a historical costume party
- Participate in a local "Trunk or Treat" (many churches do these)
- Go trick-or-treating with your kids as a costumed chaperone
- Organize a history event at a local hobby or miniature gaming store
- Connect with a local reenactor / living history group for further possibilities
- Does your office have a dress-up day? If so, there you go!
Get your history on with these great Halloween costume possibilities...
Want to dress up as the Bad Guys...errr...I mean "British"? :-) Then grab this British Officer Uniform, which features red gabardine tail coat with white lining and blue collar, button lapel, and cuffs. The uniform has gold buttons down front, around the cuff, and yellow-gold braiding. Also includes white gabardine vest and knickers with elastic waist.
Dress up as a woman from the colonial American period. Check out this adult Colonial Woman costume, which includes dress and bonnet.
American Patriot (for Men)
male Patriot costume features a blue jacket with attached gold vest, cuffs and accents, matching pants with attached black boot tops, white ascot, and basic ticorn hat. Supplement with a wig, deluxe tricorner hat, and/or a stage or imitation musket or sword.
Patriot Costume (for Kids)
Amazon's 1776 Revolutionary Patriot Kids Costume features a blue jacket with attached gold vest and cuffs, tan pants with attached black boot tops and white ascot. No sword or hat are included, so you'll need to get those separately.
There are many other possibilities as well. Check out this great selection of historical costumes at Amazon for more. And have fun this Halloween.